What’s so good about a WordPress website? Why not just make an ordinary static-page website?
A static-page website that you get, for example, as a template from a website hosting company, is limited. Here are a few reasons why we at TreeFrogClick work with WordPress websites:
- Blog-enabled. WordPress contains a blog format, so you can add many posts, increasing your ranking on the search engines
- Content management software. You can make changes from any computer with the use of a password.
- Easy to add pages. With a static-page website, when you add a page, you have to put it on the menu of each page. That’s time consuming. WordPress does this automatically.
- Easy email form. This hides your actual email address from spammers. Besides name and email address, you can also offer drop-down menus.
- Search bar. Try coding that into your static-page website.
- Popularity. It’s the most popular blog software used today, and is used by 200 million websites. You can find programmers who know this program. There are 1,200 templates, called themes, to choose from.
There are many other reasons as well, but we won’t go into them now. Other similar website platforms are Joomla and Drupal. They do more, but are more complex, too. The website you are reading is built with WordPress. For more information on this popular website software, see Wikipedia’s entry on WordPress.